Apple Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
With the mixer on low speed, add the sour cream and chopped apples. Add the dry ingredients; mix just until combined. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
To make the streusel topping, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix with your fingers until combined and the butter is evenly distributed. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Featured by Chef Emily Luchetti.