All-American Baked Beans
8 to 10 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup mild-flavored molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 5 cans (15 to 16 oz.) Great Northern beans, drained
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a small skillet, sauté bacon until slightly crisp and fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic; cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir together onion mixture and remaining ingredients, except beans. Combine well. Add drained beans and stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until bubbly.