Sun-Gria Cupcakes & Sun-Gria
Sun-Gria Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 cup nectarines, peeled and diced
Sun-Gria Cupcakes Directions
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cupcake pan with liners; and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at time; mix after each addition. Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with milk. Mix 3 minutes. Fold in fruit until well combined.
Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool well before icing.
Sun-Gria Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups C&H® Powdered Sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- pink food coloring
Sun-Gria Frosting Directions
In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter 3-4 minutes until fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add 3 cups sugar and cream with butter. Add wine and remaining sugar; cream. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Mix well. Frost cupcakes once they are completely cooled.
Yields 20-24 cupcakes
- 4 cups water
- 4 pomegranate white tea bags for “sun” brewing
- 2 cups sliced/cubed nectarines, strawberries and mango
- 4 teaspoons C&H® Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups white wine, Sauvignon Blanc (optional)
- mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Add water and tea bags to a clean, clear, glass container with a cover. Set the container in the sunlight for up to 2 hours. (Any longer than 2 hours may give you a bitter tea.)
While the tea is brewing, wash and slice the strawberries, nectarines and the mango, setting them aside in the refrigerator until the tea is completely brewed.
When the tea is finished brewing for 2 hours, add sugar to the warm tea. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Put in the refrigerator until cooled, approximately one hour.
Once the tea is cooled, add the fruit slices and white wine. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours to build the flavors.
Add ice to a pitcher, followed by the Sun-gria. Garnish individual glasses with mint leaves, if desired, and serve.
Yields 1 (48 oz.) pitcher.