- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1½ ounces Chambord, cassis or rum (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 2 packets instant oatmeal
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter
- ¼ cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
In a saucepan, over high heat, melt butter and 4 tablespoons sugar together, stirring continuously until it starts to brown.
Stir in frozen blueberries and cook 3 minutes. Add optional liqueur and cook, stirring well, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add cornstarch mixture. Continue to cook, stirring carefully, for 5 to 6 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken.
For a sweeter treat, add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and stir well.
Turn off heat and let mixture rest until it starts to cool. Pour the cooled blueberry mixture into individual ovenproof dessert cups. Leave about ¼ inch from the top rim of each cup. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix all of the crumble ingredients together with your fingers until a soft paste forms. Pat the butter mixture into the shape of the dessert cups.
Once the berry mixture has cooled, cover the top with the crumble, leave space all the way around the sides of the dish. Bake 15 minutes.
Cool to room temperature and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.