Favorite Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6-oz.) semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if using.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookies sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.