This powdered sugar-coated cookie cracks open during baking for a nutty dark chocolate delight!
- 4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar , for coating
Preheat oven to 350°F. With electric mixer, beat chocolate, oil and granulated sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until incorporated after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts. Chill. Drop by teaspoons into powdered or confectioners' sugar; roll to coat.
Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack.